"Chesapeake Bay" Pocket Notebooks (3-pack)Limited Edition
"The Chesapeake Bay" Summer 2017 Limited Edition
Ahhhhh...Summer has arrived! For us Baltimoreans that means it's time to break out the Old Bay, pop a nice cold one, and enjoy the sunshine with friends and family...hon. It's with this wonderful mental image in mind that we were inspired to create our latest edition.
For centuries, the Chesapeake Bay has been the center of commerce and culture for those in this watershed region. Our favorite part of the Chesapeake is the bounty of beautiful tasty crustaceans known as the blue crab. The cuisine of the Chesapeake is wonderfully unique and heralded by many around the world. Hell, my mouth is watering typing this blurb. In the end, we found it only fitting to incorporate the majestic blue crab on the back of the driftwood-inspired cover. We hope you enjoy not only the notebooks, but the ridiculously awesome crab cake recipe below!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- (some prefer to halve mustard amount)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1 pound fresh lump crabmeat, drained
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 20 crackers)
- Stir together first 5 ingredients; fold in crabmeat and saltines. Let stand 3 minutes. Shape mixture into 8 patties. Place on a wax paper-lined baking sheet; cover and chill 1 hour. Sauté crab cakes in 3 tablespoons butter or oil in a large nonstick skillet 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until golden. Or broil: Slip them under a preheated broiler until nicely browned, turning to cook evenly, about 4-5 minute.
The Chesapeake Bay Edition
- Sold as a set of 3 notebooks with belly band
- 3.75” x 5.5” PUR glue bound notebook with dot grid/lined hybrid pages
- 80# cover stock with letterpress details
- 64 interior pages of 70# paper stock, selected to perform best with most writing implements
- Printed with vegetable based inks
- 100% American made in Baltimore, MD